- An individual’s diet can impact their eye health, so no matter your age always eats healthy most especially, diet that includes whole foods containing eye-enhancing nutrients that can help to ensure an individual is getting the nutrients they need to maintain proper vision and eye health.
- These foods include antioxidant-rich citrus fruits, leafy greens containing phytochemicals, and oily fish that provides omega-3acids.Below are the best nutrient that support your eye health and functions
- Fish:Manly fish (those that have oil in their gut and body tissue) are excellent sources of omega-3 acids. Such fish include tuna, sardines, trout, mackerel, and herring.
- Broccoli:An easy add-on to many dishes, broccoli offers vitamin C as well as lutein and zeaxanthin. It helps to protect the eyes from high-energy light wavesand prevent age related eye diseases.
- Nuts and legumes:Some nuts are rich in omega-3s as well as vitamin E, making them a smart and easy source of eye-healthy nutrients. Healthy choices include walnuts, cashews, Brazil nuts, and lentils.
- Seeds:Many seeds, including hemp seeds (not to get high please, laughs) and chia seeds, are also rich in omega-3 and vitamin E.
- Citrus fruits:Citrus fruits, like lemons, oranges, and grapefruit, are great sources of eye-aiding vitamin C.
- Eggs:Protein-rich eggs are a powerhouse of eye health.
- Leafy greens:In addition to providing vitamin C, leafy greens like spinach and kale are high in lutein and zeaxanthin. Some research show that a brief cooking of the greens helps the body to better absorb the lutein.
- Beef:While other meats, including chicken and pork loin, contain zinc, beef offers higher levels of this vital trace mineral. Other sources of zinc include some yogurts, nuts, and beans.
Researchers have linked eye-friendly nutrients, such as lutein and zeaxanthin, vitamin C, vitamin E and zinc, to reducing the risk of certain serious eye diseases like Age-related macular degeneration and Cataracts. According to many ophthalmologist, “So many patients focus on a healthy diet only after they’ve been diagnosed with a serious health problem.”
Start eating well now to benefit your vision and your health for the rest of your life
Very educative, thanks for sharing